The Wine Lover’s Holiday Gift Guide
What do wine lovers love more than drinking wine? Receiving wine as a gift. It’s true and that’s why we’ve put together the ultimate holiday gift guide to help you find the perfect wine gift for every wine enthusiast on your list.
Texas Wines Gift Baskets
There are more than 50 grape varieties grown in Texas, and using the origins of those grapes for inspiration, here are three stellar Texas wines gift baskets you can create to wow your favorite wine lover.
- The home of Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Alicante Bouschet, Marsanne and more, France is a natural choice for creating an awe-inspiring basket. Start with a bottle of Reddy Vineyards Marsanne, a vibrant white wine that pairs with a wide range of food and is perfect as a first-course wine or as the star of a meal. Consider finding a fun wire basket, then line it with a striped linen dishtowel and add a jar of herbes de Provence, Dijon mustard and a box of macaroons.
- Looking to Spain for inspiration, you can do no wrong assembling a paella package. Start with a bottle of Reddy VineyardsTNT Red Blend, a Gold Medal Winner and top Texas Tempranillo blend. Pair it with a paella pan, a package of Bomba rice, a jar each of saffron and paprika. Don’t forget to include a recipe or two for the cook.
- Dorothy said it best, “There’s no place like home.”So, no surprise that thetop Texas wines gift ideasare those that include the familiar flavors of the Lone Star State. Start with Reddy Vineyards Field Blend, a Double Gold Medal Winner and top Texas Italian varietal blend. Add a BBQ sampler, such as brisket, sausages and chicken all cooked and ready to be savored or create a do-it-yourself BBQ kit and include a couple of jars of dry rub, some barbecue sauce, some grilling tongs and an apron or hot pad.
Top Texas Wines for All Wine Lovers
With so many opportunities for gifting wine, from hostess gifts to office exchanges, wine is a sure bet for all kinds of occasions. You could also put together a Texas wine focused gift basket that includes a few of the other dozens of Texas wineries that produce winesReddy Vineyards-grown grapes, like:
- Becker Vineyards Carignan is a rare bottling of this varietal. It is a light-bodied, floral wine witha plush tannic structure. Gentle handling of the grapes during the relatively cool fermentation ensured the floral and fruit-driven characters are intact.
- Pedernales Cellars offers a Tempranillo trio that is a must-buy for the red wine lover on your list (maybe that’s you!). This trio also makes for an entertaining and educational tasting or the perfect conversation starter at a holiday dinner party.
- Add our Reddy Vineyards The Dyer blend of French varietals and you’ve got a delicious set of wines that any native Texan would feel proud of.
Winemakers Holiday Gift Guide
Beyond the bottle there are lots of wine-related gifts we like to give and to get. Here are a few of our winemaker’s favorites for your gifting inspiration.
Do you have a wine lover on your list who might like the rugged and slightly rustic winemaker-chic? Consider a pair of the Australian-based Blundstone boots. These are not only waterproof—perfect for rainy weather—they are extremely comfortable, and a part of nearly every winemaker’s closet.
In wine country, vests are an essential part of every winemaker’s attire providing a great balance for anyone who is constantly moving between the lab, office and cool cellars. Puffy vests, fleece vests, and multi-pocket vests make great gifts for anyone who needs a little warming up during the holidays. For the wine enthusiast who has a tech side, consider a ScotteVest—a high-performing and functional piece of clothing that will seem indispensable after a few wearings.
A decanter is always a welcomed gift. From the simple to the ornate, Riedel is the brand with the largest selection of decanters that all winemakers rely on. Decanters are a necessary tool for aerating a young wine or serving an older wine with a lot of sediment in the bottle. Decanters also add a festive touch to a dinner table and are so lovely to look at they can be showcased on a kitchen counter year-round.
From all of us at Reddy Vineyards Texas we wish you the happiest and most fulfilling holiday season. Cheers!