By Katy Anderson, Contributor for Reddy Vineyards
It’s the time of year for nonstop holiday and New Year’s parties seem to be nonstop this time of year. Change things up with a fun wine tasting idea for your guests to enjoy!
This game pays off to bring a great wine that everyone enjoys, such as Reddy Vineyards! They are an award-winning estate vineyard & winery based out of Texas and would love to be a part of your holiday season.
What You Need:
- A list of merry friends that enjoy wine as much as you do
- Tall brown paper bags and rubber bands
- Small cups or mouth wash cups for tasting
- Pieces of paper or tickets to vote
- Containers for tickets (will need as many as you have wines to try)
- Preferably 2 tables or countertops. One for all the wines to be tasted and the other to hold the grand prize
Rules of the Game:
- Ask each guest, or couple, to bring 2 bottles of the same label of wine. One bottle will go on the prize table, the other to the tasting table.
- Place all the tasting bottles into the paper bags and put a number on each one. Rubber bands can help keep the tops closed so there is no peaking as you pour!
- Set out small cups to sample each of the covered wines (mouthwash cups work great for larger groups!) for each guest to try and find their favorites.
- Each guest should get 3 tickets or pieces of paper to place in the container next to the wine they liked the best. You can place one ticket, or all 3 if it is your absolute favorite!